Welcome



“It is in the order to really see, to see ever deeper, ever more intensely, hence to be fully aware and alive, that I draw what the Chinese call ‘The Ten Thousand Things’ around me. Drawing is the discipline by which I constantly rediscover the world.

I have learned that what I have not drawn, I have never really seen, and that when I start drawing an ordinary thing, I realize how extraordinary it is”.

(Frederick Franck, ‘The Zen of Seeing’).


Sunday 17 April 2011

62-BoyHood Heroes (Pencil sketch)

I was checking out Cedric Hohnstadt's blog yesterday and was inspired by his Sketchbook Monthly project where he completed a sketch a day often using clips from old movies as a reference. I've been finding it difficult to post regularly of recent and thought that it would be a great idea to just spend 30-45 minutes each day on a pencil sketch. So here goes with my first drawing, a small sketch of Mr. Majestyk, aka Charles Bronson. For the moment I'm working around the theme of Boyhood Heroes.