Welcome



“It is in the order to really see, to see ever deeper, ever more intensely, hence to be fully aware and alive, that I draw what the Chinese call ‘The Ten Thousand Things’ around me. Drawing is the discipline by which I constantly rediscover the world.

I have learned that what I have not drawn, I have never really seen, and that when I start drawing an ordinary thing, I realize how extraordinary it is”.

(Frederick Franck, ‘The Zen of Seeing’).


Tuesday 7 June 2011

102- Pen Sketch Exercise

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I've posted any work! I'm shocked at just how easy it is to get out of the habit of drawing on a regular basis. I have been somewhat preoccupied with other things including applying for jobs! Any-who... I thought I'd kick off with a drawing I copied from one of the books I'm reading at the moment. It was drawn with a fountain pen and a 0.3 fine-liner, they're not ideal but they'll have to do until I get some ink and nibs.

Whilst I still have a goal of drawing and painting landscapes etc, I am currently working on improving my technique and observation skills. I picked up a couple of old but very interesting publications on sketching and these have somewhat rekindled an interest in pen drawings. (I will post a link to the publications later)
So my goal for the month of June is to practice doing more pen and ink work.