Welcome



“It is in the order to really see, to see ever deeper, ever more intensely, hence to be fully aware and alive, that I draw what the Chinese call ‘The Ten Thousand Things’ around me. Drawing is the discipline by which I constantly rediscover the world.

I have learned that what I have not drawn, I have never really seen, and that when I start drawing an ordinary thing, I realize how extraordinary it is”.

(Frederick Franck, ‘The Zen of Seeing’).


Tuesday 9 October 2012

151-154 Drawing the figure


The above sketches were drawn digitally with Sketchbook Pro following along with some of the exercises in Charles Bernard's Figure Trek video (part 7). The top sketch started off as a simple proportion drawing 8 heads high using Andrew Loomis's 'Drawing for all it's Worth' book which is widely available on the internet in a pdf format. I drew the basic figure first then added a more muscle definition before finally adding the costume on top. 
It's an approach that Charles Bernard uses to great effect and I'm looking forward to using it with more expressive poses.