Welcome



“It is in the order to really see, to see ever deeper, ever more intensely, hence to be fully aware and alive, that I draw what the Chinese call ‘The Ten Thousand Things’ around me. Drawing is the discipline by which I constantly rediscover the world.

I have learned that what I have not drawn, I have never really seen, and that when I start drawing an ordinary thing, I realize how extraordinary it is”.

(Frederick Franck, ‘The Zen of Seeing’).


Wednesday 27 April 2011

69-Assad


This painting was done in about 1½ hours and was meant to be a quickie! I love doing the daily sketch or painting but my tendency is to spend too much time on them leaving little time for anything else. So although I am going to try and keep it up, I do need to re-think the subject matter and try to remember that I am still learning and that the work doesn't have to be perfect every time. As a subject matter, I chose this because he was on the first page of the Sky news website and looks a little unusual!