Welcome



“It is in the order to really see, to see ever deeper, ever more intensely, hence to be fully aware and alive, that I draw what the Chinese call ‘The Ten Thousand Things’ around me. Drawing is the discipline by which I constantly rediscover the world.

I have learned that what I have not drawn, I have never really seen, and that when I start drawing an ordinary thing, I realize how extraordinary it is”.

(Frederick Franck, ‘The Zen of Seeing’).


Monday 2 May 2011

70- The road to Boggerhole (Pencil)

I'm setting myself a challenge for the month of May of doing a sketch or painting a day in the open air or 'plein air' as they say in France! Ultimately the aim is as always to improve but I'm hoping that this will help me with things like perspective and composition, as well as giving me some much needed practice painting with water colours. It's probably not going to be pretty at first but hopefully by the end of the month I will be able to show a marked improvement.